Fuel leak GSX1100

Joseph

No worries. Valid inputs anyway

The parts fiche doesn't show them, but maybe using a metal washer on top of the fiber/seal washer could help even distribution and squish it nicely ?

One thing that rubs me the wrong way is having spent all that time money and energy on rebuilding a bike as clean as this to be pissed around and not being able to use it potentially because of 2p worth of washers xD

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rijko said:

You are right Tony, so here goes.

first, i try to follow if you don't have something positive to contribute - don't.

I broke that, and said several things i should not have, in a way i should not have.
I am sorry about that, and apologize for that.
I was tired and went too far, something rubbed me the wrong way.

Ofcourse, things like petrol resistant kits ARE made to help with petrol leaks.
Applied properly, it's a good thing.

My keyboard warriorism is something i never do, uncharacteristic for me.
I am sorry for that, it really is the first time i trolled a thread like that.
Sorry to OP also.

And you guys went easier on me for that than i deserve ... thanks.
For the first time my contributions lead to a thread i'd rather see deleted because of them.

not a problem mate,  I was a bit out of order as well, but as some will know I lost one of my best mates last week, and ive just got over covid and to top it off ive got fecking toothache and not much sleep !!!!!!!!   all forgotten :tu

sorry to Joseph as well, hope you sort your leak. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Joseph said:

No worries. Valid inputs anyway

The parts fiche doesn't show them, but maybe using a metal washer on top of the fiber/seal washer could help even distribution and squish it nicely ?

One thing that rubs me the wrong way is having spent all that time money and energy on rebuilding a bike as clean as this to be pissed around and not being able to use it potentially because of 2p worth of washers xD

like I said Joseph, Ive had good results with Dowty seals :tu

Are you sure you have the right tap? Check mounting hole spacing. My GS1000 did exactly the same and dowty washers/sealant did not help. Turned out I had a 50mm tap instead of 44mm (or other way round!) and previous owner had opened up the mounting holes to the tap so it fitted. All sorted when I matched the tap to the threads.

4 minutes ago, simesman said:

Are you sure you have the right tap? Check mounting hole spacing. My GS1000 did exactly the same and dowty washers/sealant did not help. Turned out I had a 50mm tap instead of 44mm (or other way round!) and previous owner had opened up the mounting holes to the tap so it fitted. All sorted when I matched the tap to the threads.

feck !!!!  thats a bodge by the P.O. :(

23 minutes ago, simesman said:

Hi

I definitely do have the correct item i bought an OEM tap brand new from Cmsnl

• 2 weeks later...