GSX ET 750 Carb Issues

Hello all, 

I was after some advice if that is OK, had the bike running and she is going OK, and running it as a test without filters. 

When parked up and engine off, carb one is leaking petrol and its coming from the jet needle, would this be a worn needle or worn needle jet? 

When running, the bike holds onto the revs for a little too long. 

Also, when I put my hand over carb 2 intake, the revs increase, but decrease when I do the same to carbs 1, 3 and 4. 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Also, if anyone wants a copy of the GSX 750 service manual, please pass me your email and I'll send it too you. 

Many thanks. 

Once I get the niggles sorted, I can strip her down and finish the paint etc... Hence mad max look now 

Horse Shoe Pass 31-08-2023.jpg

Edited by Easyrider290
13 minutes ago, Easyrider290 said:

Thanks, much appreciated, I'll have to google how to set the heights and give it a go.  

It's often overlooked or 'near enough will do' but it makes a huge difference as it's the setting everything else works from. Easy enough to do, just a little fiddly.

29 minutes ago, imago said:

Personally I just use genuine stuff from Robinsons or CMSNL. It's pricey doing it that way, but I don't want to be doing the same thing twice.

i feel exactly that way.
The annoyance of malfunctioning carbs i just spent a lot of time working on, having to buy other stuff and spending more time and money on them ... just not worth it.
I used to work for a company that taught "first time right" ... it's become my motto for these things.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Rijko said:

i feel exactly that way.
The annoyance of malfunctioning carbs i just spent a lot of time working on, having to buy other stuff and spending more time and money on them ... just not worth it.
I used to work for a company that taught "first time right" ... it's become my motto for these things.

You've only got to have that moment where you're debating removing the carbs from between the airbox and hardened rubbers for a second/third time, or just setting fire to the bike once and you never want to go there again. xD

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, imago said:

You've only got to have that moment where you're debating removing the carbs from between the airbox and hardened rubbers for a second/third time, or just setting fire to the bike once and you never want to go there again. xD

yep, i tried cheaping out in the past, but the lesson i learned was you're not saving a couple of tenners, you're buying 500 bucks of aggravation and another evening lost doing it twice. xD
YMMV ...

• Like 2