Gsx1100 ex fork dust seals

Safra

I'm rebuilding my forks with new seals and orings but the dust covers at the top are close to impossible from last recount to buy new in south africa is there a way to fix them or can I run them with new fork seals after cleaning them they're not cracked

2 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

whats wrong with them ? if they are just dirty then clean them up. 

There is sand ontop and bellow the dust cover just scared cleaning isnt going to be enough I'll post pics when I get home I dont want to bugger up the new chromed stanchions when I get them done

2 hours ago, TonyGee said:

I think washing the dust covers in soap and warm water is enough to clean them, but if you are using gaiters then it doesn't matter.  

I'd never really considered the effect sand would have on a bike, it must be a bloody nightmare.

2 minutes ago, imago said:

I'd never really considered the effect sand would have on a bike, it must be a bloody nightmare.

yep its a killer !!!!  my first bike when i was 14 was a TS125,  I live on a small Island so surrounded by sand, and every weekend me and my mates where on the beach and in the sand hills having fun. it soon wrecked the bike :/ 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...