Tyre pressure

Hopefully if i can pass the dreaded noise test I'm hoping to take my fairly (opologies for offending anyone) " standard" katana on track, just for the grin factor

Normally most people reduce the psi in their tyres for track use, Mr Suzuki has a sticker on the rear Mudguard recommending you increase your tyre pressure for continuous high speed riding, which way should i go, cheers

3 hours ago, TonyGee said:

2 tyres of the same size but of a different make will prefer their own pressure,  best thing would be to experiment on track :tu

As @TonyGee says it's a very personal thing tyre pressures ,for example I find Bridgestone tyres have a hard sidewall compared to metzlers,I'm a fat lad and will load a tyre more than a skinny bloke, best advise I can offer (and this is at your own risk)is keep a log of your lap times and settings ,and only make  1 change at a time and not more than say 2 psi at a time you want the tyre to heat up and grip but not be unstable

If it's just a one off then just ride to your comfort level and enjoy the experience,keep an eye on the tyre condition and pressures when hot

Edited by DAZ
Addition