We've All Had Fun Here - But Here's Low Friction Again

Never one to let a good joke go flat, I'd like to thank all who responded to my post on SBS Low friction rear brake pads. Especially since I take those who missed the joking tone I took (and reposted plainly for those who STILL didn't get it) no more seriously than I take myself, which is to say not very.

That said,here's a quote from SBS: "these special sintered rear brake pads are equipped with a friction level that has been adjusted to avoid excessive braking and lock up of the rear wheel and are matched to the SBS front sintered brake pads for safety and performanceISo  the only part I wasn't joking about was this product which I have used on my GS1150, '83 Katana, '98 TL-R and '86 GSXR1100. They really work quite well, but apparently SBS no longer make them - but I am sure a niche product like this is still out there somewhere awaiting use. Anyone got a handle on where I could get a set for the mighty GS1150 rear caliper?

• 4 weeks later...

To address the original issue - like the OP, I've been bugged by the rear brake being over-powerful on my GS850s, but then found the answer. That unmentionable make of bike and car Civic pads. They take a bit of fitting, but don't bite as much as the bike-specific ones and give a nice progressive pedal. Oh yeah, and they were a quarter of the price, too.

Edited by Grimly
Semi-literate ignormus.