Aligning EFE carb intake boots?

So with the markings on them (Made in Japan or spaced dots) I'd assume the MIJ would face outward.

If that's correct, then the letter R or A00 might belong at the top. 

Is there an exact position as i've tried several positions but can't seem to get them to line up with the carb bodies properly?

I usually loosely fit all 4 of the boots to the head, place a ruler on the carbs side of the boots and align all 4 to the ruler and tighten the head side down.

Earlier designs boots had a molding ridge showing for carb 1 and 2 on the 11 o'clock -ish position, for carb 3 and 4 on the 2 o clock -ish position but i dont know if that applies to the EFE

• Like 2

Yup no line up markings, as as you suggested i did the ruler thing.

I also noticed the boots do not sit flush with the head, but stand off about 3-4mm.

Very confusing when you start to push the carbs on, so i lined em up, tightened them there & forced carbs on.

Once on (No4 at least) i tightened that one & worked on No1, that then helped 2-3 go in. Right faff for the sake of some simple markings!