EFE fuel cap

I had a similar problem years back when I was young and even more stupid than I am today, with my old efe fuel cap. At high revs the motor was bogging down so dopey here, to test my vent blockage theory decides to remove the cap flat out on a long bumpy straight local to where I lived.

I was rewarded for my stupidity ( as anybody whose ridden these with standard running gear will testify) with an almighty tank slapper followed by a good head to foot dousing of petrol, when I finally got the fucker stopped I spent the next twenty minutes looking through the undergrowth for the offending cap. Lesson learned!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, eddiegsx said:

I had a similar problem years back when I was young and even more stupid than I am today, with my old efe fuel cap. At high revs the motor was bogging down so dopey here, to test my vent blockage theory decides to remove the cap flat out on a long bumpy straight local to where I lived.

I was rewarded for my stupidity ( as anybody whose ridden these with standard running gear will testify) with an almighty tank slapper followed by a good head to foot dousing of petrol, when I finally got the fucker stopped I spent the next twenty minutes looking through the undergrowth for the offending cap. Lesson learned!

xD@eddiegsx its far from standard. Just trying to see if theres a secondry vent before i get a big drill out or the tank pops after its stopped whistling for an hour after running itxD