GSX1100EG?

Jinxy

It's a thirty plus year old bike so stop thinking about value for money, resale value, how much it will cost to do this that and the other and all that sort of shit, the basics are there and it has a shit load of potential. . Save up, get a loan, sell the fuckin GSXR thing and invest in and love  a proper air cooled monster.

These old bikes need time money and passion if you don't have all of them then sell it to someone that has and will appreciate what it is. A winter fuckin ride indeed.

Sorry to sound a bit harsh but I love these old air cooled GSX'es and they should be cherished and loved...........................big bored tuned to fuck and made to look killer, ahem :)

• Like 1

I did read through your thread.  I acknowledge, however, that I  misinterpreted your post, I blame the Yarra Valley Shiraz :)  Good on you for taking the plunge and buying it,  I look forward to seeing what you do with it. I have a soft spot for the old air cooled GSX'es of whichever model year.

No worries, alcohol induced misunderstandings happen to all of us....and at least getting stick for taking on a project makes sense now  :D

Already started collecting a few bits for the old bus and yh I'll post pics as it starts coming together the way I want it. It's all a learning curve again after so long playing with GSXR's....I've got no idea what bits are interchangeable with other models so guess I'll be filling the forums with dumb questions.