Austerity and all that

OzyChris

Hey all,

Was thinking at silly oclock this morning. I may have the opportunity to get hold of a B12 motor. I already have a 750j dot head motor. I believe sticking the dot 750 head on the B12 gives increased compression, wilder cams, better carbs etc and have heard if well set up makes 140HP with a shed load of grunt. This is all covered elsewhere and I'll research if and when I get the right component parts together.

SO, then the tightwad in me says what about the 750j barrels and 6 speed box and the B12 head? Loads of these must have been wasted in the past in the quest for a dot head B12 so I was thinking, surely this would give me a low compression 750 with very mild timing, so would run forever but wouldn't pull the skin off custard. BUT surely that would make it an ideal motor for forced induction? In these days of lower budget builds than the great  day of your, where 750's are used rather than being weighed in or dropped as boat anchors, surely a little turbo on a low compression 750 might make something quite silly?