1985 Slabby Headlight wiring

Fraserc

Just started fiddling with my latest 85 GSXR750F which has the bloody ugly square headlight from Switzerland I believe. Easy fix methinks and off i go and get a set of twin headlights. Find the remains of a headlamp wiring loom and tart it up as I remember it shoud be and then set about changing them out. Bugger it if the plug is different and there are no relays in the system and I now am faced with chopping the main loom and bodging some connectors.

Before i do anything I might regret (not for the first time) has anyone any clue if there is a better fix for this. The twin headlight loom i have has two relays one for each lamp. What would happen if I just wired them straight into the existing single light connector...?

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0F5oqs3q0AjB5

Edited by Fraserc
photo added

Ordinarily I'd say add relays but my 1100M comes from the factory without and no one has ever though that should have had relays!

as above, if you don't want to chop into your loom to take a power source to feed the lights via relays, you could always fit a fused link to feed the twin lamps. I would just bin the relays and feed the twin lamps direct from the single lamp power source.