GSX Battery Mounting Methods

Got a 1980 GSX750, running pod filters, so no airbox or filter box etc. 

I'd like to tuck the battery up and under the seat to empty out and 'clean up' the look of the area below the seat/side covers and behind the engine. 

I'm sure this has been done 1000s of times, just looking to see how others have done it. Any design recommendations? 

I want to stick with regular lead acid batteries for the moment after having a scare with a Lithium Ion 

5 hours ago, Dezza said:

Yes, please elaborate!

You may have already seen it on my build thread - Pete750ET's GSX750 Continued on page 2.

Long story short, the reg/rec was buggered, but I didn't know it was, until I fitted a Lithium Ion battery which massively overheated and went up in a cloud of white smoke. Partially melted the underside of my seat pan, so I can see how there is a huge potential for fires etc to start as a result. Bit unfair to blame the battery, as it was receiving over 16 volts of charge. So I guess my advice would be to ensure your regulator/rectifier is tip top, and to check it regularly if you are going to run a lithium battery.