About 1127/1157 cylinder heads.

gsx-f__k

Hi,

I could not find info about cylinder heads with google or OSS search.

I'd need to know if all 1127/1157 cylinder heads share same intake ports spacing or not? Is there some other differences regardless of intake port diameter?

I'll be making new intake boots for throttle bodies and I've got a 1997 B12 cylinder head to use as a jig, cylinder head to put these custom intake boots is most likely 91 or 92 GSXR 1127 with 40mm carbs (BST40) and 13101-41C00,13102-41C00,13103-41C00,13104-41C00 boots.

Query - why make 'custom' boots if GSXR 40mm boots are available? If to accommodate bigger TB's, I would hope you've done a LOT of headwork on a B12 casting as it's not the best flowing example in the family - that prize goes to the GSXR1100 'M & N' variants which also used the 40mm carbs! Personally I have 46mm bore TB's tapered and fitted to 40mm rubbers, an 'M' head, ported, valves and cams to suit . . . . . . the turbo helps as well!

On 1/15/2020 at 6:53 PM, SiBag said:

As far as I know they are all the same for the port spacing.

But I'm sure an adult will be along to confirm this. O.o

Thank you!

On 1/15/2020 at 8:19 PM, fatblokeonbandit said:

Ain't no adults round hereO.o

but yes same spacing :tu

Thank you!

On 1/15/2020 at 9:21 PM, Gixer1460 said:

Query - why make 'custom' boots if GSXR 40mm boots are available? If to accommodate bigger TB's, I would hope you've done a LOT of headwork on a B12 casting as it's not the best flowing example in the family - that prize goes to the GSXR1100 'M & N' variants which also used the 40mm carbs! Personally I have 46mm bore TB's tapered and fitted to 40mm rubbers, an 'M' head, ported, valves and cams to suit . . . . . . the turbo helps as well!

I'm trying to get TB's close to head as possible to make more room for plenum and TB's are 40mm.

Edited by gsx-f__k_UH13
4 hours ago, gsx-f__k_UH13 said:

I'm trying to get TB's close as possible to make more room for plenum and TB's are 40mm.

Can't see you gaining (loosing width between individual TB's) as you'll still need adjustment mechanisms between so sounds like a lot of aggro for no big gain seeing as the plenum isn't exactly 'off the shelf' anyway?

On 1/20/2020 at 12:23 AM, Gixer1460 said:

Can't see you gaining (loosing width between individual TB's) as you'll still need adjustment mechanisms between so sounds like a lot of aggro for no big gain seeing as the plenum isn't exactly 'off the shelf' anyway?

I think I was unclear, I meant close to head as possible. My TB's are not separable.