1200 k3 swap in a 600 2000 help!!!!!

Sebasb6b12

Some may say that you shouldn't use the 600 ignition for the 1200 motor, thanks to the smaller engine;s higher rev limiter.  Depends how you ride to be honest.

You can't use the 600 alternator on the 12. Otherwise, keep the 600 loom, etc.

Oh, and welcome to OSS.

Edited by zedhead

I take it you mean swop the 600 engine for the 1200 engine.....??????

Is the 600 a Mark 1 2000 or Mark 2 2000 as that was the change over year..O.o

if they are both mark 2's, its easier, the alternator can be used but you need to swop the drive gears over as they have different number of teeth.

The ignition pick up's are compatible, so is the rest of the loom and switch gear. Like Zed said the rev limiter will be ok as the 1200 motor struggles to get to the red line anyway..or just swop CDI's as they fit..

If the 600 is a year 2000 Mark 1 one, then you need to swop the alternators, ignition pick ups and neutral switch, :tu

Edited by fatblokeonbandit

There are only 3 plugs from the engine to the loom, the signal generator should be the same, one red 2 wire plug for the pick up and a single wire for the oil pressure switch, they will plug in, the alternators should be the same so no need to swap them over just plug in and attache the earth wire, the neutral switch I think are different, the early one will be one wire and the later one 3 wires, just swap the switches over and that it:tuand of course the power to the starter but thats the same,:)

5 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Yes the cable clutch cover will bolt straight on, but the push rods are diferant, can't remember the length you need I had to make one, one of them is too long and can be ground down to,fit..:)

I fitted a 750 teapot cover to a Blandit 12 MK1 and got the clutch working well by making a slightly longer free-play adjuster screw rather than sourcing a longer pushrod:)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...