1100 Slabby Metmetchex swinger issue

Bobby

Hi all, So I have come to install a metmachex swinger in my 1100 slabbie, the swingarm is correct for the bike as its stamped with what bike its for. anyhow, when I install it and everything is in place the swinger seems tight and stuck and struggles to move properly, I think its something to do with the big roller bearing linkage, all the bearings are good and when I had the original swingers it was fine. Just can't seem to work out what the issue is. any ideas anyone?

48 minutes ago, bluedog59 said:

Does it move ok if you have all the bolts and spindles in place but not done up tight ?

it doesn't move properly before its even all tightened up, basically the swingers in first- all ok, next the linkage where it meets the frame-all ok, now the linkage to the swingarm-tight and not right. i will strip it down again tomorrow with fresh eyes. O.o 

so I've just had another look at this and where the problem lies is that once swingarm is in frame, the linkage on frame, the fixing points from linkage to swingarm are slightly out, the holes don't quit line up, approx a few millimetres out. could this arm be for a 750? if so how different are they both? could a 750 linkage work?