carb clean

v-twinwalker

so got to opening up my carbs and cleaning, top of carbs were fine not bad at all, but my float bowls, they couldve been mistaken for normally being the colour orange inside, anyone ever have a gasket fall apart to their fingertips? other than that its a solid go i just made a couple small mistakes, i forgot to take the pilot jets out and some other small component thats in the entryway of the carbs but i didnt damage or break anything, also the spring for float 4 is broken im pretty sure (doesnt really spring back up just sits back up when i give it a little tap) so ill get to replacing that. anyone have any carb stories of finding some nasty junk in their carbs or just something weird?

If all you got was a sticking float valve and crumbly gaskets it sounds like you got off lightly

- No broken/ bent needles? green, white or brown jelly? jets so corroded you can't read the numbers? float bowl corroded through? 

deep corrosion craters in the carb body? dented floats? differents jets/ needles in each carb? Jets blocked with hylomar? Jets drilled on the piss?

holes blocked with self tapping screws? Broken drill bits left in the jets? Bent nail used as float pin? holes repaired with chemical metal?

Edited by fastgs287
forgot something
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, fastgs287 said:

If all you got was a sticking float valve and crumbly gaskets it sounds like you got off lightly

- No broken/ bent needles? green, white or brown jelly? jets so corroded you can't read the numbers? float bowl corroded through? 

deep corrosion craters in the carb body? dented floats? differents jets/ needles in each carb? Jets blocked with hylomar? Jets drilled on the piss?

holes blocked with self tapping screws? Broken drill bits left in the jets? Bent nail used as float pin? holes repaired with chemical metal?

i had a dent in my float bowl lol. there was dry white and green stuff no jelly luckily, alot of the bolts for attaching the float bowls and top plate were halfway stripped and carb 4 was finger tightened lol, but yeah id say it wasnt nothing crazy just lots of rust. but what does sucks is my valves r covered in oil and shit so my valve seals are probably leaking, so thats fun.

11 hours ago, fastgs287 said:

Is that all ? - you were lucky! (in best Monty Python Yorkshireman accent)

• Like 1