Been messing with this for a few months, it started off as a bare frame, I had a 600 engine in the depths of the shed too, so I got it to rolling chassis stage fairily easily and added the engine. I decided I wanted to build an unfaired streetbike, nothing too radical but hopefully make it look credible. The top yoke was drilled and some cheap bar clamps added, with a hefty spacer on the underside to keep it all secure. I soon decided the srad rear panels had to go, too bulky, but I wasn't sure what to replace them with. A mate has a gsxr1000k3 and the seat unit  is a lot sleeker. So I sourced some chinese plastics to suit and an oem tail light. Modified GSX1400 headlight brackets and an aftermarket headlight were also sourced. I also saw a bellypan for a GSF600, the B-King wannabe, so I got one of those too. By this time the bike resembled this.......

WP_20150228_12_09_02_Pro_zpsrivroj8k.jpg

With the K3 seat unit it was obvious the seat subframe needed surgery too.......

WP_20150228_12_44_04_Pro_zps3toy38xf.jpg

Edited by kja.busa

Abit more done today, the seat unit fits better, but the rear crossmember of the subframe needs removing altogether, so more welding. Homemade clock brackets mount the clocks to the top yoke, b-king bars, TL1000 hugger and a fairing meant for a gsx1400 have been added too. The subframe is almost there, the seat doesn't quite fit right so that will need trimming to get it closer to the tank.

srad%204_zps00ikfjr6.jpg

srad%202_zpsukomaqd6.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...