1994 GSXR 750 WR Petcock

I ordered a petcock rebuild kit for my 94 750 WR. All straightforward to fit apart from 1 piece which I can't work out how it comes out of petcock. When whole thing is disassembled, your left with main body which has fuel filter gauze attached, there is a round rubber Gromit attached to what looks like a bearing (its not a bearing) bout the size of a 1p piece, rubber on one side. I can't work out how it comes out of body, as you cannot push from rear? I know it must come out as there is a replacement in the rebuild kit.

Just wondering if anybody done one of these before?

Edited by skunkrider2
added more
8 minutes ago, Madb said:

You will need to undo the screws that hold the shaft in . Then push it though. If i remember correctly. But i may have remembered.Wrongly. It has been known.(to often receintly):$

I know what your saying but you cannot push it through as the bottom of the filter gauze blocks any way of pushing from rear. It looks like a push fit from front but you cannot do opposite to remove.

Ill take some pictures tomorrow to try and explain a bit better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 11:12 PM, skunkrider2 said:

I know what your saying but you cannot push it through as the bottom of the filter gauze blocks any way of pushing from rear. It looks like a push fit from front but you cannot do opposite to remove.

Ill take some pictures tomorrow to try and explain a bit better.

Job completed, small seal in freezer overnight, next warmed up petcock body and in it slipped (oh thats starting to sound wrong xD)

Job done. F**k knows if it works as tank is away for paint.

Just now, skunkrider2 said:

Job completed, small seal in freezer overnight, next warmed up petcock body and in it slipped (oh thats starting to sound wrong xD)

Job done. F**k knows if it works as tank is away for paint.

And no im not having sex with a animal of the sea before anyone starts.

That was a couple of year ago, and I've done my time, and regret it. (well that what I told judge) :banana: