Teapot Project

Motovalet

Thanks for the input, especially the idea of putting a GSXR750 top end on the B6 motor, I've had a look around the net for more info on this and found a little info on a Bandit forum. This seems a worthy option given I've already got the complete Teapot 600 lump on the bench, other than that unless a cheap 1100 comes up then I reckon the 750F motor with bigger carbs may be the way forward. I was also originally trying to keep the stock look but again for cost I'm now considering the cafe racer look or the dreaded "streetfighter" look :-)  I'm trawling the net for inspiration!

I've seen some nice 600f with no ferring and I love the rear end/tail light from the gsx600f, not a fan of cafe racers but that's just my taste.
There is a gsxr1100 motor on the net ;) at the mo needs work but cheep, somewhere in Chester I think (nowt to do with me just seen it.) just being helpfull

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Well it's that time of the year again when cash is scarcer than a scarce thing! I've got the teapot up to a stage now where the only thing that's holding me back is a suitable engine at a sensible price. I've found a couple of cheap as chips long stroke GSXR750 barrels and pistons for sale and considered advice has informed me that a long stroke 750 will fit the teapot 600 bottom end and that I can even use the teapot head and carbs, all sounds just too easy? I've also been told that if I do that the "new" 750 pistons may well hit the head, somebody else mentioned cometic gaskets which are apparently thicker and would alleviate this but they're not cheap! Looking for a definitive here if anybody has done this or is doing this can they show me the correct route? Is the hassle worth it, ie what sort of power would I end up with? Got to be more than the wheezy 70-80 BHP that the 600 teapot puts out? Failing that the final and most drastic plan is to sell my old Suzook X7 stinkwheels for a pile of cash and bite the bullet and shove a nice 1100F or B12 motor in there as planned all along! :-)

• 2 weeks later...