38mm Mikunis?

Ådne95

Hi! Got a good offer on some 38mm mikuni roundslide vacuum carbs from a Yamaha FZR(i think)1000 today.  

~£100 and they come from a bike who has only went about 20k miles :D no need for rebuild yet, right? 

There wouldn't be any problems using those on my '86 1100EF? Except maybe having to modify the intake? :)

Also, what size are the original ones? Haven't got the bike home yet, so can't check... 

Edited by Ådne95
Typo

20150902_153847_zpsj82wpfxa.jpg

Sorry for bad pic, it was all I could get now. They're 6mm further apart than gsx carbs, so I'll just have to make a intake "manifold" with a slight angle/bend :) 

On the other hand, I came across a set of 34mm mikuni flatslides from a gsxr, would that be a better option?

Edited by Ådne95
  • 4 months later...

Whoops, forgot I made this thread. Got a closer look at a similar set of carbs the other day, these were off a fzr1100 that has only done ~11000km/6600miles. I opened one of the float bowls, looked brand new. Only 6mm different offset on the two inner carbs iirc. In that case, making a new intake for these would still be cheaper than buying another set of carbs.

DSC_0003_zpsy0pu44qp.jpg

DSC_0001_zps4aafi0ve.jpgDSC_0002_zpsxcastitp.jpg

I might also be able to get my hands on some 36mm keihin CV's from a yzf600r, would that be better? :)