Bandit 650 - GSXR750 swap.

LeonScott

I know this has probably been covered lots but I'm struggling to gather all the info I need.. so I have a 06 B650 (carb model) and a GSXR750M engine has come up locally to me, I would just like to know exactly what is needed to make it work?

Will all electrics plug and play or will RPM be too high ect, will anything need to be swapped over?

Will carbs and exhaust work for the 750 motor from my B650?

I've noticed the clutch cable is on the opposite side, will I need the 750 cable or will my B650 one be fine?

Thanks for any help!

First of all, welcome to OSS :)

Not much on here about blandits 650 (bit new xD)

I take it's the oil cooled not the latter water cooled xD or was that just the 1200? (like I said But new for me this bike xD)

But as you're looking at putting a gsxr motor in it you may be forgiven ;) 

The carbs on your b65 will be to small really for the 750m motor, you maybe able to change the carb rubbers and use your carbs but you would not get the most out of the 750 motor. Don't think your air box would work ever, so some sort of pod filters will be needed. I would think your zorst would fit.

Don't know about the cdi and pickups, you may be lucky and you could just drop your pickups and away you go, your coils i would think will work ok.

I would say you would need the gsxr clutch cable but you would see when you have fitted the motor.

The 2006 B650 was a one year only, before the w/c model replaced it. You might need to check some of these things yourself, I can't remember what else was changed from the previous model, that engine was used in the 600 teapot, so quite a few will know that engine - but how much was changed on the B650 ??  The 750M revved very high, so if the B650 igniter is compatible it'll be fine. The 650 engine was a slightly larger bored 600, with the later styling - like the last year o/c B1200 - there's a thought - fit the big engine in it, same sized cases.

The rest of it as Mr Wraith has said !

• Like 1