Carb jet sizes.? Help!!

Hi Folks

wanting to overhaul my carbs on my 79 GS 750e and have been told to remove the carbs. To find out the jet size before I order a new kit. Carbs out and one carb stripped, all good so far. How do I know what size the jets are?  The bike is returning around mid 20's to the gallon. It's an ex Dutch bike, can anyone help.

cheers in advance :/

Its usually stamped on the end of the jet, it is on my 1100. there are lots of different physically sized jets so you need to ensure you order the right shape and sized ones, Allen's performance stock them all and should also be able to advise what's stock for the UK model, also worth checking that all 4 are the same as sometimes the centre two can be different than the outer's.

Also when you say you need to replace the jets why is that, does it run okay is it showing any signs of being rich or lean, they might just need a good clean?

Hi, I've only stripped the first carb and there's no number stamped anywhere that I can see. Yep, it runs OK but hunts and runs rich, all four plugs soot up during a run and when I say soot, they are black.  Also really poor fuel economy. I tried discount spares and they said they can do the parts if I provide the sizes but as its a Dutch bike I'm wondering if the fuel grade might be different. Standard bike with standard mikunis, air box and filter.  

Ill give allens a shout and see if they can help, cheers bud.