Gsxg blowing oil out of breather

VJ

My dot headed gsx1100g is blowing a lot of oil out of the clutch breather, as in 400ml every 100 miles

What the fuck is wrong? Compression is within 15/20psi across the deck comparing pots.

Oil level was halfway between low and full before it kicked it out on a warm run today

1 hour ago, VJ said:

My dot headed gsx1100g is blowing a lot of oil out of the clutch breather, as in 400ml every 100 miles

What the fuck is wrong? Compression is within 15/20psi across the deck comparing pots.

Oil level was halfway between low and full before it kicked it out on a warm run today

What is the actual psi readings? With a DOT head i'm guessing should be 200+psi?

Was the oil level static - engine off or engine running? Straight breather connection or 90 deg.?

Sounds a lot more than is usual from clutch throw off !

Had oil coming out of the clutch cover breather on one of my bikes once, but now where near that much. I found that the 1. straight breather is/was not as good as a 45% one, and 2. found the hose coming off the straight breather was way too short, it water proof my right leg levers xD

Thinking of it, your cam cover breather is not blocked?

That could course the back pressure in the engine ;)

Edited by wraith
Add a bit.

ive ran about 2 foot of hose now up to a proper catch tank i have spare, hopefully check it out soon. The rocker cover breather is free and kicking out a fair amount of oil mist itself but I haven't got a line and catch on that so I cant exactly say how much.

Solved. Dodgy float needle spring caused it to intermittently have another 3mm of fuel which was dumping its way down into the sumpans out the breathers. All sorted now and a catch can fitted to keep an eye on it

• Like 3