master cylinder

Wow that master cylinder looks like it's had a hard life! Is that a copper crush washer embedded in the end?

What's the cylinder bore like? With any wear or scratches there, together with those goosed seals, you'll be lucky to get efficient pumping.

Like you say, all the holes need to be clear too.

• Like 1

ha ha ive given up with that although it was good inside no scores etc and it didnt leak im sure the front seal had swollen  and was blocking the feed hole hence it wouldn't pump because fluid wasn't getting in. The holes were clear without the piston fitted, blocked fitted ???? so now got a similar cylinder from another bike and in the process of fitting that fingers crossed it works . 

hooray finally got the rear brakes bled , thanks to a used master cylinder off another make of bike as no one anywhere i could find an old Suzuki M Cylinder had to make my own fixing bracket and long push rod bar but finally I have rear brakes again thanks every one who has helped with your suggestions trying to work out exactly why my original cylinder wouldn't pump , im sticking with my theory that the forward rubber seal had swollen slightly and blocked the otherwise clear fluid feed hole. dont matter now anyway its sorted . thanks everyone.   

• Like 1

yep it had a hard life by the looks of it but lump missing or not it didnt leak and as ive said nothing was blocked on it until the piston and rubbers were fitted then it seemed as if it was blocked . still dont matter now it been filed in the bin and a much later second hand part has been fitted and is working , shame i couldn't find exactly what was wrong just for future reference