Red Light

How-doo..??

Wrists can't cope with Clip-ons anymore so I fitted Risers and bought some rather lovely Renthal Flat bars.

The OE brake and clutch M/C's fouled the fork tops...... bugger.!!

Bought some rather nice, used Nissin Radial M/C's - 1000K5 brake M/C and an Erik Buell Racing (?) clutch M/C (it matches the brake one).

Brake hoses are now too short - got some more made-up 100mm longer. Everything bled-up nicely.

The Sun was shining so I got ready for the first 'run about' in a couple of months.

Turned the Key in the ignition and the brake light came on. 'No problem' I thought and swapped the wires over on the 'new to me' front brake light switch and....

the brake light stayed on.

Pulled the wires off again to remove the switch from the M/C and one of the wires pulled out of the crimp. 'A-Ha..!! That's the culprit...'

Recrimped wire, switch soaked with WD40 then checked on Multimeter - open and closed circuit - all correct.

Refitted, ignition on.....brake light on. Quite annoyed now.

Sunshine now gone.

I then had a 'Eureka moment' and waggled the rear brake light switch and the fuckin' brake light went out....

Had a chuckle, helmet on and out we went - it was good and all is right with the world again......

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 3

We have all done it xD

I remember years back when I was a dispatch rider, listening over the radio a run down between another rider and the controller going through why the riders bike would not start, ignition light on yes, motor won't start and so this went on and on all the way to removing the tank etc, till another rider came up and informed him that the handle bar mitts he has on, can and does knock the kill switch. After 45 mins at the side of the road striping his bike down he checked the kill switch and yes it was on the off position xD

Sometimes this sort of thing happens and all you can do is laugh and enjoy the rest of the day ;)

Edited by wraith
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, wraith said:

Sometimes this sort of thing happens and all you can do is laugh and enjoy the rest of the day ;)

Wise words indeed....

It's odd - if making a 'silly' mistake while working on my 4 wheeled device or even the dreaded DIY I would have an 'Incredible Hulk' moment - completely see my arse.....

If I make a silly mistake (like either of the examples above) working on my bikes I snigger like Muttley, call myself a 'Goofball' (or something equally lame) and carry on.

• Like 1