A bit of help needed (electrical )

Jay_111

Hi all,

Ive just rebuilt my 1100N and I have no rear lights. I have number plate lights but no brake or rear lights.

Ive checked the bulbs, connections and Fuse but they are all good. It’s got me stumped.

It was all fine before the motor came out

Any ideas fella’s?

Cheers

Jay

you should have a plug with 3 wires in for the rear lights . Common return and a positive feed one for the brake light and one for the tail light . I would think you have lost the common return as neither stop or tail work . Check with a meter set on 12v dc , one wire onto the frame and the other to each of the wires on the plug from the loom . Should have 12v on one with lights on and one when the brake pressed . If checks out ok set meter on ohms and one wire on frame again and check resistance on the common return should be zero ideally . Cant remember colours at the moment and me book is at work ! Think the return ( negative ) is black/white .

• Like 1

I know I'm sad had to google it -

Brown - 12v - tail

white with black tracer -12v - stop

Black with white tracer - negative - common return

when checking continuity can put one test lead on the negative of the battery and the other to the black/white if its easier . You always need a good negative return otherwise you can get back feed and all weird and wonderful faults will come up .

Hope this is of some help :D

• Like 1