what price second hand engine gsx 1100

baldrick

as per the title, how much can I expect to pay for a 2nd hand gsx 1100  engine, without carbs but with starter motor.

I know the efes fetch a bit more, but I'm just looking for one for an 1100et

I'm thinking about 300-400, but its been a while and everything else seems to be going up in price.

Obviously its impossible to tell condition as well so I'm factoring in a refresh

anyone?

Hi Baldrick, I too am on the hunt for a big lump but prices seem to have gone daft. Last one I found was £900 !!!  Good luck looking though.

I'm looking for one to drop in whilst going through my original but like I say they are really pricey. Be interested if you find any right money though.

Anyone else?

Its the same over here in the US. Full engines for 1100/1150 rarely show up on fleebag and if they do they are way over $1000! Sometimes you can drop on a full scabby rusty non runner bike on cl but that's still going to cost over 500 and lots more to go through the motor. If one turns up that's not at the other end of the country:( They are getting rare as they have been raced, used in specials, and generally overbused. OEM parts are getting discontinued every day. There are people out there with them and they know rare is the case so they push the prices through the roof.

Saying that I wish I still had my brand new 1150efe under a cover in the garage! Worth a mint in 5 or 10 yearsB|

Edited by Cheeky4648

picked up a running 1100ez about a yr ago - not the nicest thing but all there with a 30K motor = £700 - sometimes taking the bits that atatch to the engine can find you a better price, and if you bring yourself to break it then you can recover much of this

problem is "project creep O.o" - picked up another bike for the 18"dymags on it for project no. 2 - forsure i'll part the rest out - nope its presently project no.3  and the gsx above ? - i've already started gathering bits - project no. 4 argh!!!  - project no. 1 isn't making progress because of all this