GS1000G

martingg

Must get my GS1000G back on the road this year pulled it off years ago for a complete tear down. Rebuilt engine the big bore kit and welded and balanced crank. Now looking how to stop it. Looking to go down the front end change route so can fit modern brakes. Any idea what will fit without altering the frame bearing in mind as a shaft drive would like to keep original wheels. Failing this I will go down the Billet 4 pot front brake upgrade

old GS prior to rebuild

12 minutes ago, martingg said:

Must get my GS1000G back on the road this year pulled it off years ago for a complete tear down. Rebuilt engine the big bore kit and welded and balanced crank. Now looking how to stop it. Looking to go down the front end change route so can fit modern brakes. Any idea what will fit without altering the frame bearing in mind as a shaft drive would like to keep original wheels. Failing this I will go down the Billet 4 pot front brake upgrade

old GS prior to rebuild

Nice bike, always liked the shafties. :)

I had  a set of Billet 4 pots at one point....highly recommended. If you're happy with the forks and want to keep stock wheels, it's an easy option with no adaptor plates. I don't think anything else will bolt straight on.

Now, what you really want is a set of RS36 flatslides, and I'll have your CVs and airbox in PX ;)

MWsGS.jpg