Dynojet autotune on turbo GSXR1000

I've installed a PC V & autotune on a turbo gsxr, It has taken a while to get it set up right, having contacted DynoJet UK on some tech' issues I found they where of no help at all.

But I must say it does work very well when set up right, nice small units &  easy to use  software.  Product 10/10, product support 0.

With this kit it would be easy to fit a late model fuel injection to an earlier bike, the nice thing is you dont need dyno time to set it up.

It could be said that real road use tuning is much better than on a dyno,

If you are willing to possibly sacrifice a built turbo engine whilst relying on 'auto tune' then crack on. The AFR swings on a turbo engine

can be so abrupt that a wideband sensor certainly isn't quick enough to catch it and actually do something about it - average response time

for a LSU4 sensor is about 1/10 - 1/5 second but if controller is only scanning once per second - the engine is toast. No respectable tuner

would close loop tune WOT with turbo or nitrous - just too risky! Think of all those guys that say they hear 'pinking / detonation' - that's the death

knell, damage already happened by then!

With a PCV autotune. Start with a very (very) rich map and let it lean it as you ride it

I started mine at 10s   & eased it down to the required A/F....I also have a quality wide band gauge  & data logger & knock sensor. No danger of me destroying the motor from detonation......

If you try rush things & try tune from a lean A/F (in terms of boost) then you could take out your motor. Look on a GSXR forum in the US, people seem to be doing just fine with the auto tune on a turbo bike....

I think its a fair statement to say  that real road use tuning can be much better than on a dyno, I can tell you of several horror stories of so called experts with a dyno. One of which, likes to make out that he's the no1 tuner in the UK.

Do you or your mate/s, run a  dyno by any chance?

Edited by jrhartley
mistake