Mikuni RS36's for GSXR1100L engine

Wagola

Hi All,

So I've finally got hold of a set of RS36's for the GSXR1100l engine in the Harris. And now I need your collective help on a base setting before I can get it dyno'd.

The engine was bought as a 1216cc but not been able to confirm this yet. With standard cams. It runs a full Harris 4-2-1 with a very un-restrictive end can.

Looking for a bit of advice at where I need to be with jet sizes and air screw settings etc, so some informed suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks y'all.

They don't seem to vary far from the base settings , base settings for my 38's on a gsxr1100 is 135 main jets which were fine on my 1216 we only richened them up for peace of mind so I now run 137.5's. For slow speed running richening the pilot circuit upto 20's has helped smooth things out

• Like 2
On 8/16/2017 at 11:36 AM, Wagola said:

Hi All,

So I've finally got hold of a set of RS36's for the GSXR1100l engine in the Harris. And now I need your collective help on a base setting before I can get it dyno'd.

The engine was bought as a 1216cc but not been able to confirm this yet. With standard cams. It runs a full Harris 4-2-1 with a very un-restrictive end can.

Looking for a bit of advice at where I need to be with jet sizes and air screw settings etc, so some informed suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks y'all.

144-155 mains stock needle settings 2 and a half from full in mixture srew or 3 trial and error gsxr 1127 1990

• 2 weeks later...