Jet size and needle position 1100 Slabby

Nickel

Morning everybody,

digged out the slabby of my wife, as she decided to do some miles with her bike, that she didn't touched for over a year.

New year, old probs.

Put some K&Ns on it and tried to do some rejetting, but never found the right jet size an needle position.

Problem is, that the bike runs from start up to 6000 rpm nearly perfect, but then it feels like loosing power.

What setups are you guys using on original carb with single K&N filters?

Does anybody has some advice for me?

Would like to safe the money for dyno runs, but would also like that my wife has fun riding her bike. Actual she's always grumbling.... :(

Thanks in advance

(y)

pussuki.jpg

• Like 2

I've found the 'dynojet troubleshooting guide' PDF to be useful when doing pre-dyno jetting guesstimates regardless of having a dynojet kit or not.

Not sure if it's still on here somewhere however a google should find it. Failing that I've got a copy on the home PC should you want it.

• 2 weeks later...

The small single k and type filters can restricted air flow at higher revs (especially tuned motors), causing a rich mixture/reducing power  - the dual filters are much freer flowing, only one of the linked carbs is drawing air at any one time, so there's a much larger filter area for each carb - they lways need jetting up. Have found missing horses by swapping to dual filters before. If just sorting single filters, down-sizing mains should work as per Rossco.