Dyna coils

Hi all ..just need a bit of advice concerning my 82 gsx 1100 ez.  I've just fitted a pair of dyna coils and now its running like a pile of shite.  Spitting and misfiring on number 3.... Im thinking maybe i need to upgrade to a dyna s ignition system too.?

Cheers Dave

Edited by DaveJarvE

Unlikely to make any difference! If its a single cylinder problem it rules out 'shared' components like coils and ign. electronics. I would look at spark plug, plug lead and cap then a carb blockage. First check is swop 2 and 3 plug leads around - if misfire moves then confirms leads problem. Then swop low tension side wires from 1/4 to 2/3 and vice versa (with plug leads in correct places) - if it moves then it could be coil or the ecu. If you have the old coils, swop back and if the problem persists then it does look like the big money items, if not then dicky coil!

• Like 3

ok, long shot, but i had this scenario when i put dyna coils on my kat. the coils are fatter than stock with the posts in different places, and when i put the tank back on, it rested on the post of one coil and the bloody thing shorted out under load. of course, sat still it revved freely and when i took the tank off it removed the problem and it worked ok. i only spotted it when in exasperation i looked under the tank at dusk and just saw the arc of the coil shorting out.