Dyna ignition

alexl

28 minutes ago, SiBag said:

GS motors usually run a Dyna S ignition, and GSXR normally a Dyna 2000. You may be able to run a Dyna 2000 on a GS motor.

This is a Dyna S ignition, which was originally for a GSX, so not sure if it would work, I am thinking it would, but didnt want to buy it before I am sure.

found this on the net...... OEM: DS3-1.
Fits Suzuki 1977-78 GS550- GS750 (with KD/KOK ignition).
Set and forget - no more messing with points... creates a stronger more consistent spark.

1977-78 GS550 & GS750 bikes --- some of these models came with a ND (Nippon Denso) ignition advancer. For these bikes a different Dyna-S ignition system is required. How do you tell? Take off the points cover- the ignition advancer should be stamped with "KD" (Kokusan Densi) or "ND" (Nippon Densi). If you have a ND unit- see the DYDS3-2 ignition system below.

DYDS3-2 OEM: DS3-2.
For Suzuki 1977-81 GS550- GS750- GS850- GS1000- GS1100- GS1150 (with ND ignition) # 6 Rotor.
Set and forget - no more messing with points. Ceates a stronger more consistent spark.

1 hour ago, buff said:

found this on the net...... OEM: DS3-1.
Fits Suzuki 1977-78 GS550- GS750 (with KD/KOK ignition).
Set and forget - no more messing with points... creates a stronger more consistent spark.

1977-78 GS550 & GS750 bikes --- some of these models came with a ND (Nippon Denso) ignition advancer. For these bikes a different Dyna-S ignition system is required. How do you tell? Take off the points cover- the ignition advancer should be stamped with "KD" (Kokusan Densi) or "ND" (Nippon Densi). If you have a ND unit- see the DYDS3-2 ignition system below.

DYDS3-2 OEM: DS3-2.
For Suzuki 1977-81 GS550- GS750- GS850- GS1000- GS1100- GS1150 (with ND ignition) # 6 Rotor.
Set and forget - no more messing with points. Ceates a stronger more consistent spark.

nice one, thanks

53 minutes ago, SiBag said:

This is straight out of the catalogue

SUZ-Dyna.PNG

Problem is I have worked out the engine is a 1980 model, but nothing stamped on the mechanical advance unit, so I cannot wok out if its a (ND) or the earlier (KD) retro fitted. I am pretty sure it should fit and work as its for a GSX750/1100. Thanks, thats helped.