GSX750ES Street Sleeper

crusty33

Here are some pics of my old 750 sleeper,
I believe the motor swap was originally done by an OSS member in Leeds? I got it off Chris (Bikemad) about 12? yrs ago.
Now the motor was a fantastic short stroke 750 that went like stink and was fitted in really well (Tank notched to clear carbs and fairings trimmed iirc)
The only downside was it handled like a demented tea trolley!! Original 16" skinny wheel, crappy brakes and the shock was knackered to boot!
I managed to get a complete rwu slingy front end for a good price from an OSS member who ran a shop in Chorley (sorry can't remember his name, but a really nice guy!)
I decided not to go usd as I wanted to keep the subtle 'factory/sleeper' look it had. I mated up a bandit 6 rear in to suit and then simply rode the shit out of it!!
Must say, it was one of the nicest specials I'd ridden and never failed to put a smile on my face :)
Anyway, enough drivel, have a gander at some pics . . .

• 3 weeks later...

My old bike! 750J motor, JMC arm, Bandit running gear, was like this when 1st built! Should never have sold it! Sounds like somebody shoved the shitty old running gear back in then at some point?? Looking for another decent 750ES right now, have the motor and running gear already to go in :-) 

Photo026.jpg

Photo014a.jpg

Photo014.jpg

Photo011a.jpg

• Like 5
On 04/03/2017 at 3:21 PM, Motovalet said:

My old bike! 750J motor, JMC arm, Bandit running gear, was like this when 1st built! Should never have sold it! Sounds like somebody shoved the shitty old running gear back in then at some point?? Looking for another decent 750ES right now, have the motor and running gear already to go in :-) 

Photo026.jpg

You got the bike after me mate, it had the original gear on from the first incarnation and i upgraded the running gear.
I remember seeing it on Eblag with all the valet stickers and different seat etc on it a couple of years after I sold it.
You're right though, it really was a sweet bike that shouldn't have been sold!
Be good to see pics as your new ES progresses.

On 22/02/2017 at 8:18 AM, Noctem said:

Sweet ride. (y)

May i ask what fork and swingarm you used? And how you made the rear suspension fit? :) 

Complete front end was from a gsxr 750 J/K and almost bolted straight up, just made a spacer to take up the slack.
Ther rear was a JMC to suit the 750ES, had to turn up new spacers in order to fit in the B6 rim, it was about 5mm off centre iirc in order to allow chain clearance.