Import or Uk spec

MarkGsxr

Dont know if Im posting this in the right category?

Bit of info required about imports compared to Uk spec Gsxr's 750's and 11's.

Which country is full power like Uk's and which restricted,  I know of some but  not too sure of others and also any help on what to look out  for with imports 

Edited by MarkGsxr

On a lot of the frames you'll find an 'E' sticker - mines got E2 on it, E2 being UK market, E1 is world wide non restricted.

This is useful for bikes with no stickers, using engine codes

https://sites.google.com/site/suzukitechnical/suzuki/sacs-enginecodes

as is this is the list of markets and codes

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/suzuki-parts/suzuki-country-codes-identification.aspx

It's not so hard to find the origins, finding what was used to restrict them can be more troublesome.

It's also true a race tune or turbo ensures unrestricted performance . . . .

• Like 1
16 hours ago, MarkGsxr said:

Thanks for the links buddy,what I was looking for was knowing bikes from which country are restricted and which country are not as when bikes are  advertised as an import from a certain country I want to be sure its unresticted model

Restriction typically was to 100bhp IIRC. Most French large capacity bikes were restricted back in the day if my brain is not playing tricks on me. Restriction was easily overcome in 99.9999% of cases.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Solcambs said:

Restriction typically was to 100bhp IIRC. Most French large capacity bikes were restricted back in the day if my brain is not playing tricks on me. Restriction was easily overcome in 99.9999% of cases.

France was a cert,Germany was full power but unsure about the rest

Wasn't Japan very restrictive and then moved to allowing only 400cc ... and the grey import business was born for models not sold anywhere except Japan and exported at x years when the cost of the equivalent of an MOT was too expensive to keep the bike on the road and buying a new model was more attractive?. :o)

1 hour ago, Solcambs said:

Wasn't Japan very restrictive and then moved to allowing only 400cc ... and the grey import business was born for models not sold anywhere except Japan and exported at x years when the cost of the equivalent of an MOT was too expensive to keep the bike on the road and buying a new model was more attractive?. :o)

Remember all this ,happened in the early 90's  thats when I got my first taste of slingshot in the way of gsxr400.... great times

• Like 1