another on broken down

martyngsxr

on my way to work this morning and while in traffic my 1990 750l dropped a cylinder made it to work got a new set of plugs and it all seemed fine but on the way home it started to drop a cylinder again got it home did a bit of investigation but couldnt find anything obvious but took it out and it seems when it gets warm and you pull away from tickover it is only firing on 3 but as soon as you get above 2000 rpm the 4th cylinder comes in now im thinking it may be some dodgy fuel or i have a coil going down 

• 2 weeks later...

ive got a troublesome 750L to.  I found that replacing the old green dyna coils with the ones from a b6 gave a much bluer, better spark. 

The dynas gave a 2ohm primary resistance vs the 3 their website ses they should have and a 12 ooo ohm secondary resistance, which is in spec.  The suzuki coils also gave a 2ohm primary resistance but 40,ooo ohm secondary, both are in spec.   I dont really know what all that means.  i like fat blue spark, still wont start it tho the f*****

i think b6 coils are the same as b12 coils, i read that somewhere but havent checked part numbers.  maybe theyre cheaper. stick coils twenty quid a pop when i looked at them