GS1000 Carbs

I need a set of working carbs for my GS1000 ( early head type )

Mine appear to have had it . Runs but not right ( std tune , with Boyer ign and just fitted  new Dyna coils + leads from Grumpy 1260 ) - carbs had new kits and were cleaned ( though  not ultrasonically) . Bike all re-done over the last year  but just sits there annoying me now as it don't work !

Any help much appreciated  

Mike 

Edited by GSmike
typo

whilst youre checking, make sure the advance retard on your ignition works, they tend to seize up and either stick fully retarded, or stick fully advanced. 5 mins with wd40 and a bit of fettling will sort it.
as for the carbs, if its a slide carb head, there are two sizes, 26mm and 28mm, the 1000e had the 26's and the 1000s have the 28's.

Thanks for the replies  ,

I've managed to buy  another set of 26's (however when they came they are actually 28's ex GS1000S with Cable choke ) . I've got Bandit running gear - no hollow headstock  spindle , so will have to make a brkt and  a short choke cable ( or rather someone I know cleverer than me will !). 

It's now running great on a set of borrowed 28's , just so we knew it was a carb issue - making up my new 28's into a hopefully good set with some bits borrowed from my originals .