gsx 750 et us engine vs uk any diff?

Usually I hate it when people reply who know nothing about it, but no one else has replied yet... ;)

I don't know, but the US is quite strict with emissions and stuff, usually because off that a lot of imported vehicles in the US have less power as other countries, may be that has something to do with it?

Edited by Reinhoud

AFAIK engines of oldskool Suzukis were the same the world over (except maybe for the Japanese home market) until about '84 - '85 when the self-imposed power limitation turned up it ugly head and (at least in Europe) and different engine configurations for specific countries were issued..

Emission regulations weren't cooked up until around '88 (I think?).. Especially for bikes sold in California special model versions were made to comply with their stricter laws..

So.. For the earlier GSX 750 the differences are only in the wiring (US: running lights, UK: wrong direction headlamp), the type of tank fitted (US: small, UK/NL: large), model designation (US sticking to the older "GS" name for the 16v bikes), the KPH or MPH clocks, and perhaps the paint schemes..

But maybe I'm wrong, and somebody will surely correct me.. xD