Suspension mounts

SiBag

Personally i would go 5/6mm...but it depends on how you decide to fabricate it.However you could go thinner if you are bracing it or using supporting gussets (snigger).If you are welding to the original frame you could go for 3/4mm which is slightly thicker than the frame itself.

I modified my Efe monoshock set up but used 10mm plate!! and braced it too the frame tube directly above it.That thing will outlast the rest of the bike lol but i am absolutely safe in the knowledge it will not fail/break.

Id go belt and braces myself if you dont mind the added (negligible) weight increase.The trick is to fabricate it as if it was meant to be there and not an afterthought ;)

• Like 1

trying to get good penetration [  ooer missus ] on 10mm plate when you're trying to weld it to something as thin as frame tube could actually make it a weak weld , not that it can't be done but it's excessive and not needed , a well designed mount suitably braced could be made from something a lot thinner .