1100M couple of problems.

Rimotu66

My 'new' bike has been garaged since 2001, I want to get the engine sorted before I move on to running gear etc, I removed the sump to check the strainer (all good) and refitted with a new genuine gasket correctly torqued, I have a oil leak from the front (clutch side) corner bolt, I have looked on CMNSL and see that one of the bolts has a sealing washer but not the one that's leaking on mine, maybe fit one to the one that's leaking???

Engine fires up ok but is a bit wooly , I used my temp pen on the exhaust down pipes and (clutch side been #1) 1 & 2 shows even temps at 70deg C (approx., crap memory should of written it down) 2&4 (again approx) @ 170deg C, fitted new plugs so I guess 1&2 have gummed up carbs??

I reckon it's always a good idea to clean out the carbs of a bike that's stood up for a while - especially one that's been garaged for 15 years. The pilot jet passageways don't take much to get blocked, or partly blocked. The small holes in front of the carb butterfly are very good at getting gunked up !

8 minutes ago, Oilyspanner said:

I reckon it's always a good idea to clean out the carbs of a bike that's stood up for a while - especially one that's been garaged for 15 years. The pilot jet passageways don't take much to get blocked, or partly blocked. The small holes in front of the carb butterfly are very good at getting gunked up !

I know I know but I was hoping against hope and I should have known better that with a bit of fresh fuel all would be fine o.O I guess its something to do with it been on the side stand side.

You can put injector cleaner in the petrol and see if that helps - I've normally ended up stripping the carbs though, once you know they're clean and well set, any other problems will be somewhere else . . . . lacquer in the small orifices can be tough to clear and the pilot fuel screw adjuster seals can perish too.

Profi fuel max is good at shifting deposits in carbs - just add it to fuel in the specified ratio.

However, like oily says, if its been stood that long i would imagine the o rings in your carbs are probablt shot and would strip and clean them at the very least.