GSX750EF Crankcase with petrol

Hi there amigos!

Basically crankcase receiving or received petrol when putting pods on the carbs and of course bigger main jets, TOO BIG (pilot jet only 47,5 instead of 45).

The bike was running fine until it didn't after a while in 4th gear mid throttle. Seemed to be a bit "drunk" (the bike, me later).

Question: Would you think it's because of the extremely bigger main jets? (around 145 instead of 117,5, had them around and tried them) getting too much fuel in?

OR

Too big pilot jets? When the bike was parked I dodn't switch off the petrol tap and thought maybe it was filling with petrol when stopped...But floats are on the spot, new carb kit, needle falves, seal...

Cheers big ears!

Suzi custom out.jpg

if you have petrol in your oil its got to be coming from the tank if you don't turn the tap off. the carbs might be leak free on a bench test but ive seen them leak a wee bit with a full tank and sat in the sun when pressure builds up.  

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Doubt it's the pilot jet. You've only gone up the next size. (They go up at 2.5 increments. 

You've gone huuuugggge on the mains. Way too big going from 117.5 to 145. Bike is probably drowning in fuel.

Thanx Jayden, bought cheap AliExpress mains, several measurements and put 125 and 45 in pilots. 

lets see how it goes! Dammit oil

is freakin expensive man….

3 hours ago, TonyGee said:

if you have petrol in your oil its got to be coming from the tank if you don't turn the tap off. the carbs might be leak free on a bench test but ive seen them leak a wee bit with a full tank and sat in the sun when pressure builds up.  

I’ll have to test the thing. 1st jets, then tap…Thanx Tony!