1980 GS850G stuck in neutral (after replacing clutch)

I have a low mile bike that moved thru the gear fine.  I replaced the cluch because it was sitting for years and the plates were really gummed up .  new oil etc but now the shift lever is very stuck. I looked in the cluch cover and it is pulling out it seems...  I have never seen this before.  Any help?  Thank you

OK  as I said that worked...

But now when i put the bike in first gear it stalls immediatly.  the lever is adjusted to its pulling a far as it will go but wont really disengage.  I took it apart again. I noticed   the clutch hub moves inside the basket only when the nut is a bit loose. So when it is torqed down you can't spin the cluch hub (this is when there are no spimgs and no pressure plate installed)

Thanks for any help, Chris

thats a washer that i think slings some oil    its in there  

should you be able to roll the bike in gear with the clutch lever pulled to the max?  are my new clutch plates too thick?  I oiled them before reinnstalling them again

OK  as I said that worked...

But now when i put the bike in first gear it stalls immediatly.  the lever is adjusted to its pulling a far as it will go but wont really disengage.  I took it apart again. I noticed   the clutch hub moves inside the basket only when the nut is a bit loose. So when it is torqed down you can't spin the cluch hub (this is when there are no spimgs and no pressure plate installed)

Thanks for any help, Chris

1 hour ago, GroundNPound said:

the clutch hub moves inside the basket only when the nut is a bit loose.

So when it is torqed down you can't spin the cluch hub (this is when there are no spimgs and no pressure plate installed)

if that's the case its bottoming out on the basket 

i would strip it back down and investigate why 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GroundNPound said:

The small inner hub spins freely now when the clutches and pressure plate are absent.  A s soon as iput the clutches and the steels in its pretty hard to turn  loys of friction 

so is the hub nut tight and does the hub turn free ?