1982 GSX750e possible to install Oil cooler?

dear bikers

I am in proud possesion of a 1982 suzuki GSX750e and I recently started riding on track with it.

The problem that i have is that near the end of the sessions (20 min) the oil tempreture is around 150°C (302°F0.

In my expercience that is pretty high.

Is it possible to install an oil cooler onto the bike?

I have seen some video's of bikes that have oil coolers installed.

oil cooler GSX750e Oil cooler GSX750e video 2

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards.

You've answered your own question - yes, obviously a cooler can be fitted to this bike LOL!

From the video its not altogether clear where the cooler lines go to on the engine but I suspect that the oil filter cover has been replaced with one from an 1100 EFE (GS1150) as they had a cooler as standard and that is where the hoses connected BUT the 750 uses plain bearings and the oil system may be completely different to the 1100's which have roller bearings, so you'll have to do more checking!

edit - I just checked my GSX750 manual and unfortunately it isn't clear if the correct oil galleries exist to and from the above cover!

I have that set up on my GSX750

I haven't measured oil temps so can't prove how effective it is, but the oil cooler is always hot at the end of a ride.

My old man used this set up when he raced a GSX750 and I believe he had good luck with it.

20200415_162633.thumb.jpg.9d0a6ff0fe14257bfdcfd26f6813a3ef.jpg

• 2 weeks later...