1100 EFE wider rear wheel

Thank you yes I think the thing with ground clearance is, I ride on the road as well as on the track and IMO no rider is ever going to get the same lean angle on the road as in a track so the ground clearance requirement for track use is always going to be greater…. Thank you Dezza, do you know if a Bandit 6 has 310 mm discs or are they smaller. They are not a lot of money used so if they do I might get one and see how it fits. I’m using a B6 rear wheel so I kind of like the idea of a matching front?? Thanks Tom 

Ah now I’ve looked and I think the B6 front wheel has 290mm discs. Does anyone know of a Suzuki wheel that has 310s?? They will do just as well as 320 i think. Thanks Tom 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Ah now I’ve looked and I think the B6 front wheel has 290mm discs. Does anyone know of a Suzuki wheel that has 310s?? They will do just as well as 320 i think. Thanks Tom 

B12, slabbies, slingshots. The centre dimensions are all the same so they'll bolt straight on but offsets and hub widths may vary. Not so much of a problem with axial brakes though. The width of the B6 front wheel may difffer to that required. I vaguely remember that they have a 3 inch rim rather than a 3.5 but someone with more detailed knowledge than me can confirm.

Edited by Dezza

If going for the dl1000 forks they have the 4pot calipers and 310mm discs so it maybe a case of swapping wheel bearings to suit spindle size ( possibly ,possibly not required ) spacers to centralize and discs with the correct offset ...... Sounds almost too easy , or not :o :D didn't think about the speedo drive if it's off the front wheel you may need a mk1 bandit front wheel as the mk2 was electronic. 

Edited by DAZ
Addition

Thank you Daz, yes I’ve decided on the DL1000 forks. I’ve googled the dimensions and it looks like the B12 wheel will go straight in, with a B12 spindle. But I looked at the calipers and i wasn’t sure, the calipers that belong on the early RWU forks look like 2 piston opposed to me, also the mounts on the forks are quite close together. I’ve ordered B12 fr wheel and spindle, plus R1 calipers. I’ll either succeed or fail! Then once I’ve got it all to work I’ll repeat on the second bike. Thank you very much for all your help. We will get those heavy buses out on track. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Hello again thank you for all your help so far with the road race project…. I’ve got the v strom forks etc in, it all fits together nicely with a b12 front spindle like you said it would. So now I want to get the generator part off the starter clutch as I will run a total loss ignition and I want to get more ground/ engine clearance by fabricating a smaller cover. I’ve got the three m8 bolts out and now it looks as though i could either use a small belt sander to take the heads off the rivets that hold the two halves together, or perhaps put in lathe and use a parting tool to make a concentric cut in the generator housing, leaving the centre of that attached to the starter clutch. What please is the usual way?? Thanks Tom 

Edited by Wee Man
Remove blanks for pictures