Carb jetting

if you are doing it for the look then its not worth it for the small gain in power, good quality filters are expensive (don't buy cheap EMGO ones) a dynojet kit isn't cheap either and that doesn't guarantee it'll run right !!!! may need a dyno run as well at more expense.   plus if you ride in the rain the filters can get wet.  

Many many have tried....

Comparitively few have succeeded...

But get em right and boy is it fun.

As stated, get the good ones or seal up every air gap around the cheap housings with silicone, and look into a plastic strip INSIDE the pod body to restrict most of the air flow or the CV carbs just will not form a venturi and lift the needle bodies up properly...

A dyna kit does get round this but they are pricey and fuel consumption goes up due to the needle and jets having to compensate for all the extra air available using pods to keep the engine sweet...

This has been done thousands of times by us spanner monkeys and drag and race teams so it does work well... but a proper dyno session is still needed to get the whole lot working in sync

Someone years ago used a large washer inside the pod rubber to create the required "pull" through the opening which does sort of create a venturi.

So all in all its a pain in the ass but as I said... the sound and the fury is much fun and also having to fiddle incessantly down this rabbit hole certainly gives you sumat to do in the workshop, garage or livingroom when its raining...

I inherited my Dads GSX750 that had pods. 

This was my solution:

As mentioned above limiting the airflow is the key to getting the pods to work. My bike isn't perfect but its certainly ride able. The original flat spot before doing any pod restriction modifications was utterly horrendous. Be prepared for a lot of trial and error!