GSF750 part 2

Hi,managed to get some time on the 750. When I rode,the restrictions definitely kicked in on higher gears. Jaydee , I found the pink wire ,this where the resistor goes ? And does it matter what resistance values?  I notice the pins are smaller than bandit 6 cdi,and redline 500rpm lower than 6 ,so probably can't swap cdi at a guess. Also speedo only goes to 180KMH ,so wonder if any restriction here like some Japanese imports....if anyone can shed any more light I'd be grateful. Cdi has 2 plugs ,one 8pin with 5 wires,yellow,pink,black/blue line,black/red line, and orange/red line. 2nd plug has 4 pin and 4 wires,light brown,black/ yellow line ,orange/yellow line and black/ white line. Thanks to guys who helped on previous post,not much info on these bikes around....

IMG-20240515-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20240515-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20240515-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20240515-WA0003.jpg

If you've got a multimeter, measure the resistance on the pink wire in the different gears. You want the upper gears to show the same resistance as 1-3. Hayabusas used 6.8K Ohm to trick their bikes into being in 5th gear. If it's easier, you could probably also just pull the gear position switch off the bike and measure the resistance of each gear on it. I'm sure someone in the members projects section has recorded all the values in the past when setting up fuel injection.

With only a mechanical speedo, it's probably just limited by the gear and RPM. I'm still curious if a B6 CDI would work or not.

7 hours ago, Dinger1967 said:

Hi,managed to get some time on the 750. When I rode,the restrictions definitely kicked in on higher gears. Jaydee , I found the pink wire ,this where the resistor goes ? And does it matter what resistance values? 

Hi, I used a 1.5kohm resistor soldered in line on the pink wire to cdi.