Rs pilot jets

Been trying to fine tune my 711 Slingshot as its been running rich at idle. Floats are all set at 17mm.  With 17.5 pilot jets, even with the screws 1/4 turn out, still ran rich on idle. Change the pilot jets to 15's and am getting a good idle at 1/2 turn out. As I was trying to find the sweet spot, I decided to wind them all the way in and the bike still idled, not as good as 1/2 turns out but still idled. I contacted mikunioz to shed some light as I've never come across this before. Anyone here experienced this?

IMG20240209163236.jpg

As you have pod filters, it a quick job to pull out the carbs. Only way to properly check that the mixture screws are lightly seated all the way in, is to have carbs off and feel the mixture screw tip protuding from its hole in the carb throat. 

I suspect the o-rings in your mixture screws are hard/distorted and not letting the mixture screws seat fully. Either that or you have tight spots on your mixture screws. 

The mixture screws can't all be the way in and have a bike idling. The mixture screw tips completely block the slow circuit fuel supply on fully seated.

• Like 2

Good idea. I'll check that out.

Wound them out only 1/4 from 'close' and she's idling very nicely. Went for a ride and power comes on linear and pulls very hard.

Also starts first go with a bit of choke only. With the 17.5 pilot jets, it was  was a bit stubborn to start. Way better now.