Slingshot 1100 RS38's setting might help out some

Thought I would share carb settings of my Mikuni RS38's for anyone that may have a similar setup to my bike. The bike a GSXR1100L 1990 it has, gas flowed head, Wiseco 1216 kit, Kent cams suited to the gas flow and big bore, Cobra stainless steel big bore down pipe exhaust system original 1990's system too.

Carb settings Main jets are 140's Pilot jets are 17.5's and the fuel mixture screw is set at half turn out. This may help anyone with RS38's with a similar setup to my bike at least a base line to work from.

185357704_109305051330677_499888999631623264_n.jpg

• Like 6
On 1/30/2024 at 9:49 PM, Joseph said:

Oh quite fruity then xD

I mean mine doesn't hang about but i don't have much to compare it to.

I need to finish getting it back together, i'll see to getting dyno testing then

I would recommend getting it dyno'd, at least then you will know the true power of the bike and the mixture settings through the rev range will be good and safe. Cost me £185 to have it set up on the dyno.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, alfiestorm said:

I would recommend getting it dyno'd, at least then you will know the true power of the bike and the mixture settings through the rev range will be good and safe. Cost me £185 to have it set up on the dyno.

Yes that is definitely the plan once it's back together, every engine is different, one of those things where it's "same not the same" :tu

• Like 1