Can't figure out how to remove this portion of clutch cable

Hello all,

81 Suzuki gs850

Can some one point me to a resource that clearly illustrates how to remove this part of the clutch cable from the engine block? I've looked at a ton of YouTube videos, and even my manual isn't super clear on how to remove from here ...

PXL_20230629_112259985.jpg

Edited by BlatantNoobery
Bike model

Screw it back in, then release the cable at the clutch lever first.  On some cables there is also a cable length adjuster somewhere near the middle.  If your cable has one then gain some slack there as well.  

At the clutch lever I sometimes have to loosen the cable at the clutch perch  as far as possible and then pull the clutch lever in , then as I release it I can get enough play in the cable by pulling the cable back out of the adjuster.  

Your other option is to remove the safety clip on the clevis in bottom right of picture and push the pin out of the clevis.   

If you look inside the housing/threaded bit on the engine, you will see the cable has a small spring around the wire cable part. 

You need the pull this spring towards the nipple end of the cable so it clears the mount/housing on the engine. Then the wire cable will come out.

It's a tite and a fiddle job 

• Like 1