Anti-dive Delete

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen!

New here to the forum. I have a 1983 Suzuki GS550ED that I am currently restoring/customizing after my crash. The weep hole on my right side fork is leaking brake fluid, causing me to not have any brake pressure. I have been looking into different methods of deleting the anti-dive system, and I've settled on gutting the stock system and blocking off the line. My question is, will the stock banjo bolt that goes to the caliper screw in enough to remove the line that goes to the antidive system, or do I need to fabricate something that will block off that hole. Thanks!

if you remove the brake line that goes to the antidives, you will indeed need a single banjo screw rather than the double/tandem one.

from this :

vis-banjo-double-10mm-x-125-chrome.thumb.jpg.9faf160dad50fbae2709169b0c363ad4.jpg

to this :

61R7AQQBEwL._AC_UF8941000_QL80_.thumb.jpg.58239109820e384115d40ef82d2104f7.jpg

i am a big fan of leaving the antidives on the forks and slipping in a blanking plate, it's definitely part of the 80s looks

IMG-20220217-123320.jpg

here however it's electric anti dives not hydraulic

Edited by Joseph
  • Like 1