1985 GS700ES Coil packs to spark plugs pattern?

GS700ES

Okay so I have new NGK wires and they are not marked. So I get theĀ One coil feeds cyl 1 & 4 and the other does 2 & 3. But I don't get theĀ 

White LT wire goes to coil 1, black/yellow does coil 2? Were the old wires marked? I did up a diagram so I can leave it online for others, I just need to connect the dots. Just need to know on coil packs. Which wires on coil pack #1 ( 1&4) are 1&4... ETC for coil pack 2. Hope that makes sense. I will update diagram once I have it. Thanks!

85 Suzuki GS700ES Firing order coil packs.jpg

I was guessing / hitting the old memory on wire colours and using 'std.' suzuki colours butĀ  as you've indicated there is a variation. The Orange/white will be ign. live power in and is common to both coils. #1 yellow/white is LT trigger. I'm wary about saying Black/white is correct as that colour is usually an earth or ground wire colour ! Are you sure its white as over the years yellow will pale significantly so it could have been originally yellow and not white?

On your diagram the LH coil (#1) has spark leads going to cyl 1 and cyl 4 . . . . . . . the RH coil has spark leads going to cyl 2 and cyl 3. It makes no difference which post is used for which lead as long as they go to the right coil. If you are likely to get confused just put small cable ties around each lead - 1 for cyl 1, 2 for cyl 2 etc - its fool proof and even easy to identify in the dark !

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...